Provincial Housing Supports

Are you having trouble with the cost of housing? You may apply for housing assistance at any housing office. Learn more about housing assistance
If you are over age 60 and your housing needs have changed or you no longer have the ability to stay in your own home, you may eligible to live in a seniors housing unit near your current home. Learn more about seniors housing
If you need overnight shelter urgently, call the temporary shelter support line at 1-833-220-4722 or contact a shelter in the community.

Community Housing Supports

The following is a list of PEI organizations that provide community-based housing:

  • Bedford MacDonald House, men's shelter in Charlottetown: Call 902-892-9242
  • Blooming House, women's shelter in Charlottetown: Call 902-482-0680 (9 am-5 pm) to request a bed or 902-367-0848 (8 pm-8 am) to arrange transportation or check availability
  • Deacon House, overnight shelter for adult men with addictions in Charlottetown: Call 902-368-4036
  • Anderson House, emergency shelter for women and children experiencing violence in Charlottetown
  • Chief Mary Bernard Memorial Women's Shelter, for women and children on Lennox Island

Download 'Temporary Shelter Supports' for more housing options

Other Housing

Contact the Provincial Housing Navigator