PEI Housing Action Plan Progress...
Number of new affordable family and senior units announced for communities to-date: 311
- Affordable Housing Development Program announced - October 1, 2019
- Community Housing Fund announced - September 18, 2019
- NEW: 600 mobile rental vouchers funded - August 26
- Milestone: 800 rent supplements for individuals and families distributed since 2018 - August 26
- NEW: 10 mixed affordable units in Souris (province-owned) - March 14
- NEW: 20 seniors affordable housing units in Charlottetown (province-owned)
- NEW: 30 affordable seniors housing units in Cornwall (DME Ltd) - March 14
- NEW: 10-bed building unit for long-term transitional housing in Charlottetown (CMHA PEI) - March 12
- Maintaining Housing: Support to purchase and maintain 30 affordable housing units (CMHA PEI) in Charlottetown - March 12
- NEW: 6 seniors housing units (EZL) and 6 family affordable housing units (JC HandyMan) in O’Leary - March 8
- NEW: 9 affordable seniors housing units in Summerside (Kay Rogers) - March 7
- NEW: 12 mixed affordable housing units in Alberton (G.E.M.) – March 8
- NEW: 25 affordable family homes (Habitat for Humanity PEI) - March 6
- Enhanced Grant: Senior Home Repair Program eligibility enhanced - March 5
- New Service: Tenant Support Worker (Community Legal Information Association of PEI) - Feb. 22
- New: 20 transitional housing units for youth and victims of family violence (government-owned) - Feb. 19
- New: 32 new affordable housing seniors units (government-owned) in Summerside - Feb. 14
- Enhanced Grant: PEI Home Renovation Program eligibility expanded - Feb. 6
- NEW: 8 emergency shelter beds winter pilot for vulnerable women (Blooming House) - Jan.14
- PEI Housing Action Plan announced - July
- Rent Supplements: Increased number for individuals and families - Oct. 29
- NEW: Down Payment Assistance Program for first-time home buyers announced - Oct.
- NEW Housing: 260-bed student residence (UPEI) - Nov. 8
- Commitment Announced: 175 new affordable housing units over two years (100 in Charlottetown; 75 across PEI) - Nov. 13
- Commitment Announced: 44 new affordable housing units for seniors in Charlottetown
- 50 new private nursing beds: Mount Continuing Care Community(16); Dr. John Gillis Memorial Lodge of Belfast (10); and Andrews of Stratford (24) - completed Dec. 2018
- NEW Service: Emergency Temporary Shelter Line pilot launched for winter 2019 – Dec.
* Mixed units can be any combination of seniors, families, or individuals.